Wednesday 8 February 2012


New blog.8th Feb.

Well we are undecided on whether to go to Mequinenza as the weather on the internet there does not look so good, we are sun bathing here in Portugal at the moment and I do not get my tooth fixed finally until next Monday, touch wood!..

--------------

Anyway we have had a count up of fish we caught in Mequinenza while we were there, some rounded to a nearest guess at the beginning as the scales packed up, but the weights will be on the conservative side of the ones shown...

19 Carp .

30lb
40lb
2 @ 25+
25lb
31lb
28lb
28.08oz
25lb
25lb
30lb
25lb
28.06oz
25lb
35.08oz
33.12oz
36.10oz
38lb
And last of all the one that got out of the carp sack 50lb+ bugger again!..

1 roach 2lb plus caught on double 24mm pellets, OK I don't know how I managed it, or should I say the roach managed it.....

2 Siluro.
1 kitten at 3lb
1 monster at 100lb + it was too heavy to pick up with out putting my back out..

---------------

The weather here in Markadia continues to out stand, we can sunbathe most days so far when out of the wind which has been blowing during the day for the last few days, but seeing as most of the UK is shivering in below freezing temperatures and laying under a blanket of snow especially at Aldbrough with the lakes iced up, and me being able to sit here in my shorts with my shirt off fishing topping up my sun tan does not seem to bad,,
I spoke to Norman a couple of days ago and he is scratting about trying to catch a few silver fish on bread punch at a lake near him, while we have caught over 300 carp in the last 12 fishing days.. Cool.

We seem to have made a couple of new friends in Bill and Bonny, they seem to be turned on to our wavelength as Bill especially is into his fishing, he has a boat on the Ebro lower down from Mequinenza, they are planning on selling it in the near future concentrating on their new adventure motor homing in their new motor home, we are keeping in touch and they were at the last text in Gibraltar..

Sandra found a Terrapin? Yesterday but it seems on it's last legs, we don't know whether to put it back in the water or as we have left it on the edge so the sun can warm it up, if it comes round it can get back into the water, one thing is for sure if we put it back it will drown as I am sure it hasn't the strength to swim …..Oh well who said we are Terrapin experts!..

So the up shot is are we going to stay on here at Markadia or risk the colder weather in Mequinenza, currently 10degs daytime and minus 5 during the night according to the internet..


Now let me think!..