Tuesday 3 February 2009








Just a few more photos looking out of the motor home window, the small dots on the far bank are Sandra and Evie.

Hi.
Sounds like you are getting it bad in the UK with the snow and ice, here in Portugal it is overcast at the moment but very warm and sticky.
It is a very relaxing place where we are at the moment, as I look out of the car window opposite the Tourist Information building there are loads of locals all hanging about chewing the fat, in fact that's all everybody seems to do for excitement round here, and drive around in there beat up pickups at 20 mph, about as fast as you can go as the roads are atrocious, any faster and your fillings would fall out.

The wifi signal the other day was rubbish and so slow I lost the will to live as I waited for the down load, so I just gave up. I will try to load down some more photos today so if you see them OK if not I have given up again.
The fishing has slowed down a touch, well it has for me as Sandra has spanked me twice the last time she caught 4 carp, me "water licked", hmmmm. The water level in the barragem has risen about 6ft over the last 2/3 days making the place where we sat fishing well underwater.

I have finally sussed out what was breaking me so much on the initial take, it is barbel. I caught one yesterday and it nearly pulled the rod out of the rest a very violent take, I also struck into one fish which went straight out and snapped 15lb line like cotton taking the bolt rig and everything with it, I suspect that was a barbel as well.
We are fishing at distance about the same as life belt to life belt on the caravan pond, and we are line clipping off to land in the same spot and build a pile of ground bait up with sweet corn in, this seems to work quite well as we are catching far more than anybody else.

I have found a fishing tackle shop not far from where I am typing this, he has just completed 60hours of English lessons and is more than happy to talk to me in English as I am his first English speaking customer, he is teaching me Portuguese words for different bits of fishing tackle, its a right laugh you just can not pronounce the words and he laughs his head off at my attempts, Foreign git.

No comments:

Post a Comment